We live in an incredible time of innovation, especially when it comes to small businesses. In fact, there are so many up-and-coming entrepreneurs out there that we couldn’t even narrow it down to just twenty! So here’s our list of the top 20 small businesses to support right now, in no particular order. They cover just about every kind of business you can imagine, from health and wellness to fashion and retail to landscaping and renovation…this list has something for everyone!
Introducing The Gallerist
The Gallerist is a new online platform that makes it easy for anyone to start and manage their own online art gallery. With The Gallerist, you can create a beautiful, professional-looking gallery in minutes, without any prior experience or design skills. Plus, our simple tools make it easy to promote your gallery and sell your artwork to a global audience. We’re always working hard to bring the latest features and updates to help artists succeed on The Gallerist.
Introducing My Repurposed Life
A little over two years ago, I was in a different place. I had just moved to a new city and was working a corporate job that I didn’t love. I was feeling unfulfilled and searching for something more. When I stumbled upon the world of repurposing furniture, I knew I had found my calling.Since then, I’ve started my own small business, My Repurposed Life, and haven’t looked back.
I’m so passionate about what I do and feel grateful every day that I get to turn my hobby into my career.If you’re looking for a unique piece of furniture or home decor, please check out my shop! You can also follow me on Instagram for updates on all of my latest projects and creations.
- Please introduce your business and tell us what you do?
- What inspired you to start your business?
- What are some of the challenges you’ve faced as a small business owner?
- How has your business been affected by the pandemic?
- What are some things you’re doing to adapt?
- How can people support your business right now?
- Where can people find out more about you and your business? 8. What does the future hold for your business? .
Take the time to celebrate your successes, no matter how small they may seem. This is especially important when you’re first starting out, as it can be easy to get bogged down in the day-to-day and forget why you’re doing this in the first place. Make a point to celebrate each milestone, no matter how big or small.
Even if you only sell 10 products this month, make sure to pat yourself on the back for what an achievement that is! If you have an event coming up, make sure that you’ve included a way for guests to RSVP so that they know not only what’s going on but also where and when. And finally, take the time every week to update yourself on company metrics so that you know what’s working (and what isn’t).
Whether it’s picking out the perfect Christmas tree or getting Santa photos taken, creating memories is one of our favorite things about the holiday season. And what better way to support small businesses than by visiting some of our favorites that help make those memories? Here are 20 of our favorite small businesses to support right now. Some of these have been on the blog before and others have not, but they all offer something special.
1) Crazy Dog T-Shirts – Kids can design their own t-shirts with a personal message or drawing on them and adults can customize their own shirts as well! 2) Woodfield Square – Located in downtown Raleigh near Cameron Village Shopping Center, this beautiful area has great shopping options and food too! 3) Paper Dolls – Find your dream outfit for any occasion at this boutique filled with gorgeous clothes for both kids and adults. We recommend checking out the shoe selection too! 4) Concord Flea Market – For all your home decor needs from lamps to blankets, you’ll find something you love at this flea market.
Helping Women Back on Their Feet
A new business has recently opened up in town that is helping women get back on their feet. The business is called Women Back on Their Feet and it is a place where women can go to get help with resume writing, job hunting, and more. The business is owned by a woman who was once in the same position as her clients, so she knows how to help them succeed. If you are looking for a place to support a small business, Women Back on Their Feet is a great option! They offer various services at different prices, making it accessible for all incomes.
They have partnered with other local businesses such as Panera Bread, Panera Cares Foundation, and Boston Market to provide a good time and experience for all of their clients. Women Back on Their Feet also offers scholarships if money is an issue. The owner does everything she can to ensure that everyone has access to the resources they need.
She gives free consultations and meetings with one-on-one sessions if someone is struggling with particular issues like addiction or mental health. Women Back on Their Feet offers many helpful resources and they care about every single person they work with. It’s refreshing knowing there are people out there trying to make a difference through their work.
One of the best ways to support small businesses is to buy local whenever possible. Not only does this help boost the local economy, but it also helps keep your community unique. When you buy from small businesses, you’re supporting the dreams of hardworking entrepreneurs and helping to create jobs in your area. Plus, you’re often getting a better product or service than you would from a big box store. Here are 10 of our favorite small businesses to support right now
1) Mabel’s Labels – Helping kids stay organized for school with durable and dishwasher-safe labels for everything from clothes to backpacks.
2) The Spruce Market – Selling locally sourced meat, eggs, fruits, vegetables and more that can be purchased at farmers markets or ordered online.
3) McNally Jackson – A bookstore based in Manhattan with branches around the country (including one on College Avenue). They have an extensive selection of books across all genres as well as music, DVDs and even vinyl records!
4) Kremp Florist – Hand-delivering fresh flowers throughout Philadelphia with same-day flower delivery available so there’s no need to worry about last minute gifts!
5) Tandem Coffee Roasters – Bringing their beans directly from coffee farms to customers with single origin coffee roasted in Philly since 2008.
6) Dance Class NYC – Offering affordable ballet classes and events in New York City while also donating free dance lessons to underprivileged children. 7) Equinox Fitness Clubs – Providing high quality fitness centers nationwide while ensuring access to these clubs is not limited by gender, age, economic status or sexual orientation.
8) Sausalito Brewing Company – Creating beers that celebrate the diversity of Northern California through sustainable brewing practices and giving back to their communities by sponsoring local charities like CASA 92510.
9) Elliott Bay Book Company – An independent bookseller in Seattle with over 250 employees who work together to make sure every customer leaves satisfied.
10) Black Sheep Books – An independent bookstore celebrating its 40th anniversary next year which has been serving Iowa City and the surrounding areas since 1976.
Supporting Love & Cancer
- Love & Cancer is a small business with a big heart. The company was started by two best friends who wanted to help others through their own experiences with cancer.
- Love & Cancer sells beautiful, hand-crafted jewelry and donates a portion of their proceeds to cancer research and patient support programs.
- We love that this company is using their creativity and passion to make a difference in the lives of others.
- If you’re looking for a unique and special gift for someone, or just want to treat yourself, be sure to check out Love & Cancer’s website.
- You can also follow them on social media to stay up-to-date on new product releases and upcoming charitable events.
Improving Health Through Plants
There’s something special about a small business. They are usually created with the intention of bringing a new, innovative product or service to the market. They are nimble and can pivot quickly to adapt to changing customer needs. They are often built on passion and driven by a strong work ethic. And they all deserve our support as they continue to innovate in their industries and make lives better for their customers. Here are 5 small businesses that we love right now and hope you will too!
1) Hello Fresh – Hello Fresh is a meal kit delivery service that simplifies your life by providing healthy recipes (without any added sugar) and fresh ingredients delivered right to your door.
2) Hygieia Wealth Strategies – Hygieia Wealth Strategies is an Atlanta-based financial planning firm catering exclusively to women entrepreneurs and professionals looking for more flexibility in managing their finances. The team at Hygieia specializes in assisting clients who have complex wealth goals (i.e., building generational wealth).
3) Cheddar & Stone – Cheddar & Stone is a collective of ceramic artists from across North America, hand-pouring each piece out of their studio located in Vancouver, BC. All of their pieces are individually crafted with care, and every single one of them is unique. Their designs range from high quality pots to sculptural vases and everything in between. With a focus on high quality craftsmanship and attention to detail, these pieces would be great additions to any home or office space.
4) Plant Therapy Soap Company – Plant Therapy Soap Company makes soap bars that offer relief from skin ailments like psoriasis, eczema, acne breakouts, allergies and much more through natural ingredients like tea tree oil, lavender oil and grapefruit seed extract without ever having a drying effect on the skin. Not only do they produce some really great products, but 10% of their profits go to organizations that provide access to clean water in Africa.
5) Rose Collective – We love this company because not only do they sell beautiful clothes for men and women made from sustainable materials, but 100% of the proceeds go back into supporting artisans in Haiti. It’s incredible how Rose Collective has helped people living below the poverty line gain access to valuable resources such as education programs and sustainable employment opportunities.